Recipe: Perfect Sour cream pound cake (for trifle)
Sour cream pound cake (for trifle). All Reviews for Sour Cream Pound Cake. Sour cream pound cake is a moist and delicious cake that's easy to put together. Pour the mixture into a greased and floured loaf Add the sour cream and mix until incorporated.
This Sour Cream Pound Cake is absolutely the best! Dense, moist, and flavorful, this easy recipe makes a classic pound cake that's delicious with a cup of coffee for breakfast, or topped with frosting for dessert! If you are out of sour cream, you can try my Classic Pound Cake Recipe! You can have Sour cream pound cake (for trifle) using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sour cream pound cake (for trifle)
- You need 1/2 Cup of Unsalted Butter at room temperature.
- It's 3 of Eggs.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Sour Cream.
- Prepare 1 1/2 Cups of All Purpose Flour.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Baking Powder.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of Baking Soda.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- It's 1 Cup of Sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
Sour Cream Lemon Pound Cake -- a traditional Southern sour cream pound cake that's fluffy and moist with a citrusy flavor of lemon batter and drizzled with refreshingly sweet lemon glaze on top of the cake. A no-fail sweet treat for summer and all year round! The sour cream simply adds a moisture that will keep your cake soft and luxurious, just the way it was intended to be. Tips for How to Bake a Sour Cream Pound This pound cake is velvety, buttery, rich and perfectly creamy filled with the moistness and flavor of sour cream.
Sour cream pound cake (for trifle) step by step
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 by 5” loaf pan with non stick cooking spray and lay the bottom with parchment paper..
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add the eggs and whisk for about 2 minutes or until light and fluffy..
- Mix in the sour cream and vanilla..
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a different bowl Mix it in just to combine Then add to egg mixture bowl, do not over mix., mix with a Spoon or rubber spatula, till is combine..
- Pour the batter into the prepared an and smooth the top so its even. Cook for about 50 minutes to 1 hour or until when a toothpick entered in the center comes out clean. Let cool for about 10 minutes before serving..
- Trifle - check out my easy strawberry cheesecake trifle..
- Strawberry cheesecake trifle... that the pound cake was made for..
This sour cream pound cake is the perfect cake for a special occasion, or bake it for a special family dessert. Pound cakes get their fine texture from a lengthy beating that incorporates air into the batter, and this pound cake gets an extra boost of lightness from beaten egg whites. Having a good recipe for pound cake in your repertoire is a wonderful thing. It's most famous topped with whipped cream and fresh berries as a variation It does contain sour cream, which is there more for to add moistness than for flavor. You can add a tablespoon of finely grated lemon or lime, or a.